Saturday 6 October 2012

Sharrow Festival 2012

the sun came out!

children were enjoying the fun and games


dancing..



nice stall


enjoying her pork sandwich.


more fun and friendly faces


my lunch of rice, dahl and pakora


acoustic guitar player


I only found out that the festival was moved to today this morning. I was in doubt at first as I've never known if to be in autumn and I'd seen no advertisements for it whatsoever apart from the sharrow festival banner on highfield library which I'd assumed had been left there since then. How wrong I was! Sharrow Festival was in full swing, full of friendly faces and happy children enjoying themselves. There weren't many stalls unfortunately. But I had a great time nonetheless. I saw a few singers, heard some poetry, drank some tea and ate some free biscuits in the jesus tent, ate some tasty dahl and pakora, filled out a questionnare on sexually transmitted diseases and got loads of free condoms, bumped into some friends and left as it got a little chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment